The search for a new Seguin ISD superintendent is officially underway.
On Jan. 30, trustees voted 6-0 to select a search firm to provide a framework for the process. Among the proposals submitted, Executive Search Services (ESS) through the Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) was chosen to facilitate the search process.
Trustees hosted a special school board meeting on Feb. 6 where ESS representatives Butch Felkner and Craig Stockstill publicly shared a timeline of the search process and answered questions from trustees.
The superintendent position was posted on the TASB web site on Feb. 7. It can be viewed at https://bit.ly/31zeUmc. Additionally, a link to the TASB job posting is available through the Seguin ISD web site at https://bit.ly/37213Gc.
Timeline dates, which are subject to change, include:
• March 5, 4-7 p.m., community involvement sessions
• March 31, 12 a.m., application deadline
• April 7, 6:30 p.m., review of applications
• April 14-16, 6:30-10 p.m., initial interviews
• April 21, 6:30 p.m., prepare for follow-up interviews
• April 27-29, 6:30 p.m., follow-up interviews
• May 5, site visit to home district
• May 6, 6:30 p.m., vote to name a finalist
• May 28, 6:30 p.m., vote to hire a finalist
Upcoming details on the search, including information about an online survey, will be shared with the community via social media, web, media and more.
1221 E. Kingsbury | Seguin, Texas 78155 | Phone: (830) 401-8600 | Fax: (830) 379-0392 • © 2006-2018 Seguin Independent School District
It is the policy of the Seguin Independent School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex or disability in its Educational programs, services or activities, as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended; and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.