Several personnel appointments were unanimously approved during the Seguin ISD school board meeting held May 25.
Valerie McKinney is the new principal at Jefferson Elementary School. She most recently served as assistant principal at Patlan Elementary following stints as a special education teacher and science and math teacher at the elementary and secondary levels.
“Ms. McKinney’s vertical experience has given her a unique perspective in supporting teachers and students at the elementary level. The invaluable experiences as a campus administrator at Patlan have prepared her to help the internal function of a campus while balancing the instructional leadership responsibilities of the principalship,” said Dr. Matthew Gutierrez, Seguin ISD superintendent.
Additional campus administrator positions were named during the school board meeting.
• Robert Arriola, associate principal, Briesemeister Middle School
• Tori Beutnagel, associate principal, Barnes Middle School
• Bianca Duvall, assistant principal, Briesemeister Middle School
• Trisha Eckols, assistant principal, McQueeney Elementary
• Tracee Gonzales, assistant principal, Jefferson Elementary School
• Kristi Miranda, education data analyst
• Allison Seidenberger, restorative practices coordinator
• Suzanne Zink, assistant principal, Seguin High School
Academic deans were appointed at five elementary schools including Christina Ramirez, Jefferson Elementary, Robert Strever, Koennecke Elementary, Yvette Gamboa, McQueeney Elementary, Lisandra Black, Patlan Elementary and Jessica Castro, Weinert Elementary.
“I welcome all of our new staffers to the Matador family and thank those who have been promoted for remaining dedicated to our students and community,” Gutierrez said.
1221 E. Kingsbury | Seguin, Texas 78155 | Phone: (830) 401-8600 | Fax: (830) 379-0392 • © 2006-2018 Seguin Independent School District
It is the policy of the Seguin Independent School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex or disability in its Educational programs, services or activities, as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended; and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.